Friday, May 7, 2010

HHID

So i saw this lame ass young girl with a tattoo that really bothered me. It was a quote from the chorus of one of the greatest rap songs of all time,A song that defined my childhood. I know she probably couldnt even name the original song she got it from,but there it is, right on her arm fa life. The shit just makes me wanna cry. Hip-Hop has become somethin that i would have never imagined.

I think Nas said it best: "...all this fashion and fly jewelry,now makes my eyes teary...".

But i guess i can expect more shit like this as a nigga gets older. On the real, fuck hip-hop,its been dead for awhile. I dont even buy C.D.'s anymore. I download everything. I couldnt make myself go out and buy a C.D. even if I wanted to. Even if biggie and pac came back from the dead and did a track wit Max B. and Ghostface. On the real all yall who say hip-hop is alive,yall just dont know what it was like in tha 90's. That shit is gone forever. Even the few artists who you might think are still keepin' it real, aren't doin it on the level it was at during its golden era in tha 90's. People might make good music here and there,but shit aint tha same. Back in the day i could go into any record store and randomly pick any C.D. in the new release section and almost certainly come home wit a CLASSIC album. The shit that comes out now doesnt even compare. I'm done.

No comments: